As the heat in Singapore reaches an all-time high, there is no doubt that the sweltering weather will make you walk over to the fridge for a refreshing ice-cold drink to cool yourself down. For those with water dispensers in Singapore, you might find yourself selecting the cold water temperature option to beat the heat.
In this intense heat, the most important thing to do is stay hydrated. When quenching thirst, most people often resort to ice water, juices, milk tea or sports drinks. However, most of these drinks only quench your thirst briefly, and you’ll feel more thirsty than before. Thankfully, you can make many nutritious beverages at home to motivate you to drink more water and provide you with the vitamins and minerals you need. All you need is a water dispenser or purifier.
Read on as we share four ingenious drink recipes you can make using filtered water.
Lemonade is the perfect drink to quench your thirst while providing you with the vitamins you need, as lemons are high in vitamin C. Here’s how to prepare your lemonade:
- In a saucepan, combine sugar and 1 cup of water to make a simple syrup.
- Dissolve all the sugar in the mixture by bringing it to a boil and stirring it continuously.
- After the syrup has cooled, pour it into your lemonade pitcher.
- Place the syrup in the refrigerator for one hour or until chilled.
- Juice your lemons! In a pitcher, combine the simple syrup with 2 cups of freshly squeezed lemon juice.
- Select the cold temperature option on your water dispenser for cool water. Add the filtered water by the cup, adding more or less than 6 cups depending on your taste. Mix well and enjoy!
Iced tea is a popular drink for many individuals, no matter the weather. It is also a fairly simple drink to make using your water dispenser. Here’s what you need to do:
- Add some of your favourite tea to your filtered drinking water. It is recommended to use two tea bags per litre of water or 5-7 grams of tea per litre of water.
- The tea should be left in the water overnight.
- If you want more sweetness, you can add some agave syrup or sugar.
Pomegranate juice is not only a thirst-quenching drink, but it also contains many benefits, as it is high in antioxidants, which help in reducing cell inflammation. Like lemonade, it is also high in vitamin C. Here’s how you can prepare a pomegranate juice drink:
- Cut the fruit in half, then divide it into quarters with four vertical incisions. It won’t take long for the seeds to sprout.
- In a blender, blend 1 cup of seeds with the purified water from your water dispenser until they are finely juiced.
- Due to its oxidative properties, pomegranate juice must be consumed as soon as possible.
Iced matcha latte
Iced matcha latte is a trendy drink that has been growing in popularity over the years and for good reason. The creamy latte is perfect even for the warm weather and extremely easy to make. Here’s how you can make your own:
- Stir 2 teaspoons of matcha powder in 2 tablespoons of hot water poured from your water dispenser. Let the mixture cool for 15 minutes after adding another cup of water.
- Pour the drink into a glass, add ice, milk, matcha, and sweetener, then stir. Now you’re ready to serve!
Water dispensers are not only useful for providing clean drinking water. A functional water dispenser such as Wells The One allows you to dispense water at various temperatures with just the touch of a button. Owning a water dispenser with instant temperature settings allows you to create any drink to fit the weather. Whether sweltering hot or freezing cold, you can quench your thirst with a water dispenser.
At Wells, we provide various water dispensers for offices or homes for your clean drinking water needs. We also provide air purifiers in Singapore. Contact us today to learn more about our award-winning products!